Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Manners and #1

One little egg sitting on a wall.
One little egg tips and fall.
One little egg rolls down the street.
One little egg begins to peep.
the older children where confused why were making Easter Eggs, until we used our eggs to recite the fun poem,"One Little Egg". We kept saying, not two eggs, not five eggs, just ONE egg! It was fun. We also played a game of rolling a dice, if the one dot was rolled, then everyone wrote 1 onto their paper.
We decorated a #1 with ONE ribbon. We did this last year, and my preschoolers who came last year remembered it! I know it's a repeater, but it's fun for them to bring home their own numbers to hang up on the wall.
Manners is one of my most favorite lessons. This will be practiced the rest of the year. We learn a fun song to help us to have manners and be polite. I had to laugh at Steven and Mylee, because I had their older brothers in my preschool 2 years ago, and they both knew the song. I love it when things like this happen, it makes me love the children just that much more! I shouldn't be too surprised, because my own kids still sing it today, along with, "Halloween" song with the Boo, ending. Hope these songs will continue to be a family favorite :)
We made another traditional and repeat of the shape and color place mat. I like to doing these to help the children learn how to set the table and remember their manners at the table. My preschoolers are already polite and very well mannered, however we all need reminding from time to time.

No comments: