Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Be Friends! #8

8 Preschool Friends
Today I showed pictures of Martin Luther King and then and now pictures of children in a class room, drinking fountains, and buses. I am so grateful to live in a time where children are not segregated. I think it broke my little class hearts, to think that not everyone was treated kindly long time ago. We talked about what a bully was, and how important it was to to be kind to everyone. We played a game that pointed out things that were different and the same about all of us.
In the kitchen today we made cookies. Cookies are a fun way to make friends, or to let friends know you care about them.
#8 was our number today. It worked out nicely to talk about friends today, and that we have 8 friends in our preschool class. We sang songs about friendship, our favorite friendship song was "I have a friend who's name is..." (tune to "Bingo").


No comments: