Monday, January 25, 2010

Let Me Help You!

My little preschoolers are already great helpers, however this is such a fun story and great lesson, that I make sure we go over "helping others" every year! I got out my farm animal puppets, and each of us had a part in the story. It's fun to see how the children will alter their voices to represent their particular farm animal. "Not I", said the____, is the traditional response in the story however, before the story was done, the little smarties were saying, "I will! I will!" Although the story got altered, they got the true meaning of the story. For our snack we had bread and butter, and took home a tiny, home made, loaf of bread.
#9 was the number today. We sorted, dug, scooped, spooned, poured and played in different types of beans. We pretended to make bean soup then glued 9 different types of beans onto our #9.

No comments: