Wednesday, February 3, 2010

B is for Bear and Heart Art


We started Preschool with the popular story of, "Goldie Locks and the Three Bears". The kids are familiar with the story and they love when I use funny different voices for each bear. I then attempted to teach them a song that I learned when I was younger at girls camp. Basically it's a jazzed up version of the story. They just laughed and made me sing it over and over for them. We shared and showed our own bears that were brought to school today. We colored and put together a bear with a basket. Inside the basket were "B" letter pictures. And then for our snack today, we had bananas.
Our theme today was Heart Art. We had different sizes of cut out hearts and explored different ways we could put them together to make different animals or pictures. We then glued them together to make a bear and a mouse.
With different decorated hearts we played concentration and matched up the paired hearts.

No comments: