Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My New Friends


My New Friends
Rectangles and Triangles

After finding rectangles and triangles throughout the room, we reviewed circles and squares and repeated our shape activity of matching rectangles and triangles with the letters of our name.

For our snack we had juice boxes in the shape of rectangles and a slice of cheese pizza the shape of a triangle.

We read the story, "Who Needs Friends", by Christine Taylor, and learned a new friendship song, "I Have A Friend".

We practiced taking turns by playing a few games. I made the "matching" game with the pictures of our preschool friends on them. We also rolled the ball to our friends and practiced nice things we say to our friends. Last but not least, we put together our very own friendship puzzle. It was a picture of our friends at preschool.

1 comment:

lesli schott said...

Hi Miss Janalynn! I love this blog. It is so fun to see the pictures and hear about what the kids are doing. With my busy schedule, I often feel like I am "out of the loop"! Thanks for taking the time to set this up. Chloe LOVED her friend puzzle!