Monday, October 4, 2010

Where I live and the color Purple

Where I Live
Today our older class looked at and played with Miss Janalynn's floor car map. We pointed out the school, houses, hospital, grocery store, fire station, gas station farm and all the other details on the map. We drove our little match box cars on the drawn roads to the different places on the map. Then we drew our own maps. We glued pictures onto our maps then drew roads that connected the different places.
We talked about different types of homes, homes around the world, and country and city homes.
We read the story of the 3 little pigs, then did a craft with 3 different pigs, and glued straw, sticks or bricks pictures to each of the pigs.

Our Color today was PURPLE. After a snack of purple grapes, we used our thumbs to stamp purple paint onto paper to make grape shapes.

for singing time today we learned two fun finger poems. "I Never Saw a Purple Cow", and Two Little Houses.

What made me laugh today was Cade's comment,"I don't want to be a purple cow, I just want to be a Super Hero!"

No comments: