Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mind Your Manners and Many Colors

We finished our Color Theme Today. We made a fun wind sock with colorful streamers. I stapled the sock together, next time I'll try and remember to use tape instead. Sorry if you parents had to "Fix" the wind sock when you got home. It was fun to watch the children figure out how to "just glue the end of the strip". We practiced holding the paper with glue in place while counting to 10. We have some great counters.

One of my favorite lessons for preschool, is our "Manners" lesson. I will continue to sing the manner song, and reminding the children about using manners while we eat, play and work at preschool. I hope this will be a life long lesson, plus it's fun to practice, especially when the children start correcting, and reminding each other to "Mind Your Manners"!

We made a place mat to help us remember how the table is set, and a manners poem to recite. We decorated it with colored shapes.

We played a colored/matching/puzzle game. Each child brought home their own game to play at home.

For our story today, we read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" We all took turns naming off the color and animal that the brown bear saw on each page.

My 4-5 year olds practiced cutting today. I had them cut out their certificate of colors. Some of the children are such great cutters, that before I knew it, they had cut a little too much of the certificate, however, I am very proud that they ALL have become great scissor handlers, and have developed awesome cutting skills.


No comments: